If These Walls Could Talk
The walls of your house don’t just provide privacy and security. Running through those walls and your ceilings too are wires, plumbing pipes, and vents.
Perhaps, when you think of vents, you think of the kind you see in spy movies or heist thrillers, heavy duty industrial tubes big enough for a person to crawl through. But though smaller, these vents go to every room in your house. And while there may not be room for a master criminal in your walls, there’s still room for plenty of bad things.
- Dust and Dirt. Your HVAC and other vents can draw in all kinds of pollutants and recirculate them through your home. Regular air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and furnace cleaning can keep the rest of your house clean.
- Pests. Vents can be a hiding place for insects and rodents. If there’s an inexplicable bad odor in your home, air duct cleaning or furnace cleaning may be necessary to remove animals from your vents.
- Mold. Should your HVAC be leaking moisture, your air ducts may be a breeding ground for harmful molds. If there is a mold in your home that keeps coming back, contact your San Carlos air duct cleaning expert right away.
Take a look at three kinds of household systems and appliances that can benefit from regular vent cleaning.
Air Duct Cleaning in San Carlos
Your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system is the unsung hero of making your home habitable. Keeping you cozy in the winter, cool in the summer, and breathing clean air year-round, your HVAC is an essential part of your home to maintain.
Furnace Cleaning in San Carlos
Your furnace is a source of heat and dangerous byproducts, such as sparks and gasses. Changing the filters and regular furnace cleaning keeps it functioning within safe levels and can prevent malfunctions.
As with any mechanical device, your HVAC and your furnace can get clogged and dusty. When the vents fill with dust, your machine just doesn’t work as efficiently. Bringing in a professional every year to every three years to clean out your vents can save you money on your electric and gas bills.
Dryer Vent Cleaning in San Carlos
Just like you clean the lint screen in your dryer, you should check your dryer vent for lint build-up. Dryer vent cleaning reduces fire risk and other hazards.
Finding a professional
Hiring a professional for your air duct cleaning, furnace cleaning, and dryer vent cleaning may be the simplest way to go. A professional will have all the equipment and expertise needed.
When looking for a San Carlos air vent cleaning service, make sure you are going with a reputable contractor. Your HVAC, furnace, and other vents are part of complicated machinery and you want someone who knows what they’re doing.
Some things to consider:
- Does your contractor have good reviews on the web? Check sites that feature consumer feedback to see what other people like you are saying.
- How many years of experience does your contractor have? More importantly, how many years of experience does the technician he is sending to your house have? Make sure your contractor is not subcontracting out your air vent cleaning to another firm or person - the technician should be the owner or an employee of the company you hire.
- Is your contractor up to date on the latest recommendations from the National Association of Air Duct Cleaners (NADCA)?
Should your contractor discover something that needs additional work:
- Does he or she show you the mold or infestation?
- Does he or she clearly explain the benefits and drawbacks of any sealants or new parts?
- Does he or she give you time to research and make an informed decision?
By keeping these tips in mind, your HVAC system, your furnace, and your dryer can run better and last longer.